A 20 year old patient has been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and is asking about the disease:
- Explain the pathophysiology of Type1 and Type 2 diabetes.
- Explain the differences between insulin resistance and lack of insulin.
- What are the long term effects of uncontrolled diabetes, and how does it cause damage to tissues.
- Describe hypoglycemia, it’s causes, and the consequences that can occur.
- Describe hyperglycemia, it’s causes, and the consequences that can occurr.
- List 10 bulleted points on how you will advise the patient to manage the disease, and prevent complications.